CPR and Medical Emergencies
This course provides candidates with the skills and knowledge to meet your duty of care whilst dealing with cardiac arrest and medical emergencies in a low risk work environment.
This course is suitable for anyone working in a dental setting. It meets the requirements of the General Dental Council towards verifiable CPD hours.
This course should be undertaken as:
- Initial training in CPR and dealing with medical emergencies
- Annual refresher
This course ensures staff members work as a team in the event of a medical emergency or cardiac arrest, while also being aware of individual responsibilities.
- Resuscitation Council Guidelines on adult and paediatric situations
- Automated External Defibrillation update
- Airway management
- Oxygen Therapy guidelines
- Using Resuscitation Equipment in the Surgery
- Review the Equipment and Drugs in your Practice
- Team working covering roles and responsibilities of all staff, teamwork & practical skills
This is a half day course providing 3 hours of verifiable CPD. The session will compromise of group and individual work that will be supported by our specialist tutors.
Certificates will be issued on the day of attendance following successful completion of practical assessment and a multiple choice assessment