Cross Infection Control
The GDC advices that decontamination and cross infection control is a core verifiable CPD topic for all GDC registered staff, recommending 5 hours per 5 year cycle of training in this area. WHTM01/05 and HTM01/05 states that the whole dental team is required to take responsibility for infection control and decontamination within the dental practice and evidence of training in this area is a requirement of the guidelines.
To provide knowledge of the spectrum of micro-organisms relevant to dentistry, effective practices and procedures for implementing and managing infection control and the need for infection control.
- State the role and responsibilities of staff.
- Identify micro-organisms, diseases and routes of transmission relevant to dentistry
- Overview of how to conduct a risk assessment
- State methods of implementing effective cross infection control in all areas of dental practice
- Discuss validation, testing and record keeping requirements
- Identify where further support and guidance can be sought
This half day course, providing 3 hours verifiable CPD. The day will comprise of group and individual work supported by our qualified and experienced tutors. This course is suitable for individuals or practice teams.
Certificates will be issued on successful completion